Kettlebells are a versatile piece of equipment and provide full body workouts.
If you decide to jump on kettlebell training, congratulations, this is a good choice to get fit fast !
Kettlebells are becoming more and more popular in gyms all over the world. These heavy weight hand held weights have been used for centuries by different cultures, but have only recently become popular in the western world.
The benefits of using kettlebells are numerous. They allow you to work out at your own pace, they are great for increasing strength and endurance, and they are an excellent tool for improving balance.
They are great to get in shape fast if you follow the right program and focus on good technique
They are perfect for home and outside workouts. Just get 2 or 3 pairs of kettlebells of different weight and you are good to go.
If you are just starting out with kettlebells then it is important that you do not rush into things. You should take time to learn how to use the kettlebell properly. This will ensure that you avoid injury and that you get the most from your workout.
Here are some tips for beginners:
1. The first thing you need to learn when using kettlebells is the grip. You need to make sure that you hold the kettlebell in such a way that you can easily move it around. You also need to make sure that you keep the bell steady.
2. When performing exercises you need to keep your back straight. Your knees should be slightly bent. Your feet should be shoulder width apart and your toes pointed forward. This will ensure that you are balanced and will reduce the chance of injury.
3. When doing a squat you need to keep your knees over your toes. If you don’t this you could end up injuring yourself.
4. When doing a press you need to keep your elbows in and down.
5. When doing a clean you need to keep your knees above your toes. If you don t you could end up hurting your knees.
6. When doing a swing you need to keep your shoulders and hips square to the ground. This will ensure that you maintain good posture.
7. When doing a jerk you need to keep your elbows close to your body and your forearms vertical. This will help you to keep your body in line with the kettlebell.
8. When doing a snatch you need to keep your knees slightly bent. Your body should form a straight line from your head to your heels.
9. When doing a clean and jerk you need to keep your chest up. Your back should be arched.
10. When doing a push press you need to keep your chest and shoulders up. You should also keep your legs straight.
Here is a Beginner Kettlebell Workout
If you’re a beginner kettlebell user, you may be wondering what the best movements are. Here are some examples of beginner kettlebell exercises. A kettlebell is a great way to increase your overall strength and flexibility. It’s also great for building strength in your core.
The first kettlebell exercise you’ll want to master is the swing. This explosive kettlebell movement targets your abs, backs, shoulders, hamstrings and quads. This full body workout also builds strength in your grip. To do this, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and toes facing forward. Make sure you are flexible and use the proper form. If you don’t have much experience with kettlebells, it’s best to begin with lighter weights.
Another kettlebell exercise is the squat and high pull, which targets your legs, arms, shoulders and upper back. This is a great exercise for your legs and upper body. Hold the kettlebell by the handle with both hands.
Here an example of circuit you can do:
- squat and high pull: 10 reps
- 20 seconds rest
- swing: 20 reps
- 60 seconds rest
Repeat this superset 3 to 5 times